Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Vesuvius

An Immortal had killed Lucia to taunt Xander into taking his challenge, but now he was hiding on holy ground because he wanted to be the one to choose the time and place of their battle.

"You can't fight me now," the Immortal taunted. "I'm on holy ground and there's no hunting on holy ground."

Xander advanced on him, his sword out and at the ready. "You killed my daughter to force me into the Game," he said flatly. "I've only taken three Immortals' heads before now, but I'm willing to make you the fourth. And I don't care about holy ground."

The other Immortal had been so sure that holy ground would protect him that he hadn't even tried to defend himself from the sword which neatly swept his head from his shoulders. As soon as the quickening had been absorbed, Xander headed towards the edges of the city. He knew what happened when heads were taken on holy ground, and he knew what had happened to Pompeii.

No comments:

Post a Comment