Sunday, April 8, 2007

Christmas (Dick)

"I just wanted you to know that you can spend Christmas with us if you want to," Amy said. "I don't know whether you have anybody else…" She trailed off in an invitation for him to share.

"I'm spending Christmas in Gotham," Dick said. "Actually, I was wondering if I could borrow your car."

"My car?" she said.

"Yeah, I have a lot of presents, and you would not believe how hard it is to rent a car this close to Christmas."

"Can you even drive a car?" she asked, amused at the thought of Dick voluntarily using transportation other than his bike.

"Well, I'll have to ice my knee afterward, but it shouldn't be too bad," he replied. She hadn't even thought of that. "And yes, I have a license," he answered the question she meant, smiling. "Just because I prefer my bike doesn't mean I don't know how to drive a car."

"All right," she said. "But you'd better not drive it like you drive your bike."

"I promise I won't," he replied. She didn't believe him even a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment